Vincent Ville & Myra Metro

What Vincent and Myra are doing

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Return of the Mummy's Birthday


Dearest mummy,

I heard it was your birthday and I love birthdays so I thought I’d say happy birthday. You are the best mummy (sorry other mummy) for so many reasons.

I love how you tolerate my late night desires to “row row row”. You’re the only one who knows how to play the row your boat game right with me. You always make me giggle even though I’m supposed to scream at the crocodiles.

I love how you hold me when I fall and it’s not “okay.” You are the only one who knows how to make me feel better so that’s why I insist on going to you.

I’m sorry if I’m a little aggressive with my affection when I do get time with you. It’s just that you do everything with my best interest in mind and it always makes me “happy,” a word that I had to learn to say to express how good you make me feel.

I love that you created a lovely sister for me to hug and play with. I don’t know why she cries when I show her where her rattle is or how to pull the elephant off the play gym. Thanks for giving me a beautiful sibling, mummy. Baby. Mummy. Baby.



Dearest mummy,

Vincent has been hogging the computer and I’m finally getting a turn (he started saying nice things about me just to placate me, I’m sure). By the way, I like that you teach me words like placate.

Mummy, you have been my environment all this year. I have liked getting to know you inside and out. Thanks for giving me everything that I need and for realizing that I like to be played with. I don’t know about daddy. He seems to forget that a girl needs some attention now and then. I love how you tickle me and how you let me nuzzle into you all day and night.

Daddy: Hey! What are you two doing on the computer?
M&V: Nothing.
Daddy: No, really.
Vincent: We’re picking photos for the blog for mummy’s birthday.
Daddy: Oh no, I forgot the birthday again.
Myra: It’s okay, dad. We’ll write something in for you as though you remembered.
Daddy: Thanks, guys. You’re the best.
M&V: [snicker snicker] No. Mummy’s the best.

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL!! That was WAY too cute... Have a wonderful birthday "Mummy" - hope you have an amazing and busy year with your sweet family.

~Esther

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger yakkyjackie said...

Happy birthday Tara! You are one great mommy/mummy and who would know that more than your two little cherubs as per their description here of you lol... to add to their narration, you have made their memere very happy in giving us two of our three beautiful grandchildren. Hope you had a great day and weekend at GWL.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Joe James said...

Happy Birthday, Tara. ( i just made two typos and almost wished you a "Happy Jappy, Tata").

Hope your day was spooktacular!

Hope to see you soon for some celebration.

Love from all of us at the time challenged CarraraTown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home